And He Wears a Beret

26 Jun

My friend Phi: When you write, silence your inner critic. You know, that little man on your shoulder?

Me: Little man? Girl, my inner critic is 90 years old and morbidly obese.

So what does yours look like? Share share.

16 Responses to “And He Wears a Beret”

1. maidinmalaysia June 27, 2012 at 3:38 am #

my ma drowned my inner critic… am i an espirit-libre?

let me call my ma and find out

2. roxana June 27, 2012 at 7:39 am #

Mine’s 25, tall and lounges on a sun-deck by the beach, in a pair of comfortably worn-out shorts.

3. fireballdet5 June 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Mine is a drunk Marine dressed for Holloween as a ogre wearing a bright orange tutu, neon green leggings with a bozo wig. Doing a happy dance around a keg of some sort of spirits.

4. alice June 30, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Hahaha…. what’s the state of your shoulder then? 😉

I like this secondary thread that’s been started in the comments… how one’s inner critic looks like… start a tag maybe? 😀

5. Orange Jammies June 30, 2012 at 11:55 pm #

maidinmalaysia: And you didn’t resurrect him/her? That’s commendable!

roxana: One chilled critic, have to say. Does he work at all? 🙂

fireballdet5: Love that description!

alice: Permanently sprained. 😉 What does yours look like?

6. alice July 1, 2012 at 5:36 am #

Hmm.. never picturised that one. but here goes.. wears an oversized pair of sunglasses, hops from shoulder to shoulder, and has a strident voice.

7. Orange Jammies July 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

alice: Basically, a bouncing bundle of boom. Interesting. 🙂

8. alice July 2, 2012 at 10:45 am #

Hahah.. I love thw way you’ve put that. See, you’ve even presented my inner critic better than I could 😀

9. Orange Jammies July 3, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

alice: Oh come, girl. Your inner critic is yours alone and you know him best. By the way, isn’t it interesting that everyone has had a male critic so far? And then we say women are critical. 😉

10. alice July 4, 2012 at 8:50 am #

OJ: Hmmmm… get some guys to comment on this space. Who knows, maybe all the lady critics are flitting near those shoulders 😉

11. Orange Jammies July 5, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

alice: Yeah, that’s all there’s left for me to do now: shepherd men to this site against their better judgment. 😆

12. Aunty G. July 7, 2012 at 9:11 am #

My *It* ages no time
    All it wants is rhyme
    If it doesn’t feel right
    It goes blank out of sight
    It MUST fall in place in any metier or clime!

13. dipali55 July 7, 2012 at 9:18 am #

My inner critic is boring and strict and is very very school marmish:(
    I think I need to bop her out of existence now!

14. Orange Jammies July 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Aunty G: My, my, what a discerning It
    Fusses not the slightest bit
    Clear as day
    Wants its own way
    And carries a bagful of wit!

dipali55: 😆 I can hear her squeal all the way in California!

15. Phi July 17, 2012 at 11:21 pm #

My inner critic is this prissy Parsi princess with perfect braids and a Mama Parsi Girls school uniform and she sits on my shoulder scoffing every third sentence I write with a look in here eye that says, that’s cute that you think that but you’re WRONG.

16. Orange Jammies July 18, 2012 at 11:16 am #

Phi: She wouldn’t even attend the same school as you? 😯 The stuffy little snob!