It’s a good thing today is the longest day of the year. Because I needed pretty much all 13 hours of daylight to hike beyond Bombay and into an adjoining district to reclaim Lapwanti from Mr. Fixit Superhero Whose Hands I Forever Worship.
So yes, she’s back, is good old Lappie. And consequently, I am too. (Okay that sentence was completely unnecessary. As is this one. And the one I’m going to type after this before I finally close the parenthesis. Allow me the thrill of caressing old familiar keys, even if they produce meaningless garbage such as this.)
Getting down to business, here’s two of the three tags/awards a response is overdue on:
June passed on a “Your Blog is Awesome” award and needs me to list 7 reasons why I am awesome. Sigh, the things I do for the blog world:
1. I am awesome because I possess perfect, kidney-shaped nostrils. I saw that, you know, that rolling of the eyes. Allow a girl her vanity, will ya?
2.I am awesome because I am one of 66,000 Parsis left in the world. That’s how small my ethnic group is, so I’m not even one in a million. (Don’t try calling me a dodo, though. It isn’t polite.)
3. I am awesome because I remember dates. All dates, any dates. But of course, this cruel world won’t appreciate my stellar talent when I remind them about the 34th birthday of their ex,ex. Sigh.
4. I am awesome because I’m cringing through this tag and will have to fabricate the remaining three points just to amuse you.
5. I am awesome because I’m a miserable failure at taking myself seriously.
6. I am awesome because I plant crumpled paper balls in hard-to-reach places just to check if my cleaning maids are doing their job.
7. I am awesome because even if you think I’m the crazy lady from hell for doing it, I’ll just go back and plant more balls.
Anu and The Girl on the Bridge and D passed on this
and need me to list seven things I love. (How easy would that be, were I Snow White.)
1. Girlfriends. A woman can never have enough close, supportive pals who tell it like it is and ply her with mint chocolate chip ice cream and tissues.
2. History. Specifically, the Partition, the Raj and my own. Generally, that of a mansion, a city and a filigreed silver teapot.
3. Water. Of the rain, pool, ocean, guzzle variety.
4. Flying. Nothing quite like the thrill of a plane sluicing the air.
5. My work with children. It’s probably one of the few things I take very seriously.
6. Bombay. The one I grew up in, the one I live in now, the one I’ve heard tales about from three generations of family.
7. Indulgence. Read spas, chocolate, diamonds, shoes, candles, hair masques, king-size beds.
Thanks, ladies. I accept the bling in chandelier earrings and Manish Malhotra threads.*