Sock It To Me, Baby

23 Apr

It’s a wonder there’s no Match.com for socks, given how many singles there are in that universe!

~Me to the Boy, as I unsuccessfully attempted post-laundry pairing.

18 Responses to “Sock It To Me, Baby”

1. phiroozeh April 23, 2013 at 11:15 am #

you know, your reading could consist of you just reading out these random musings. it would be like stand up. we can have a drum there to give you a badoom choom after every one liner. you’re so funny.

2. LisaR @ Who Stole My Baby? April 23, 2013 at 11:21 am #

That’s a pretty good idea. Maybe an arranged marriage website for socks would be better, though, because then you could at least make the match for them. Socks take such a long time to decide on a mate.

3. DewdropDream April 23, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Odd socks are a thing, even if both pairs are complete. Yours, unmatched.

4. hAAthi April 23, 2013 at 8:28 pm #

I think socks are just loners at heart, and end up in pairs because thats what we expect of them!

5. hAAthi April 23, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

Eh, wordpress is eating up my comments!
    I think socks are brooding, moody, loners at heart and just end up in pairs because thats what we expect and need of them.. the poor things!

6. dipali April 24, 2013 at 8:30 am #

So many lonely socks:(
    It seems to be part of their genetic(?) make up.
    Poor things.

7. sukanyabora April 24, 2013 at 8:41 am #

I don’t know if you know this but someone tried to patent his 3 sock product/business idea simply because of this. Not sure how far he got with it. I abhor laundry-not a word I use frequently but when it comes to it, I am no qualms doing so. Trying to train my 6 year old in becoming my ‘laundry helper/maid’-have had hits and misses.

8. Orange Jammies April 24, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Phiroozeh: Phi my love, we’ll definitely need that drum. To wake everyone up after each sentence. 😛

LisaR: True, that. But at least when they do get together, they find mirror images of themselves. What a comforting thought!

DewdropDream: Touche, my dear girl. As always. 🙂

hAAthi: Both your comments made it. Even they refused to make a solo appearance. 😉

dipali: Some day, you shall be treated to a special performance of ‘Holey Socks’, written and composed by yours truly.

sukanyabora: That’s a GREAT idea! Good luck with the training….put ’em to work, I say. 😉

9. Meera April 24, 2013 at 10:02 pm #

We launch into a rendition of “Tu chhupi hai kahaan, main tadaptaa yahaan” when our socks go missing. It could be the terrible singing that brings them out, but haven’t lost a sock so far

10. Aunty G. April 24, 2013 at 10:55 pm #

Socks remain unmatched
    To OJ we’re so attached
    She finally posts
    So we raise toasts
    Thank you, Laundry, for the plot you hatched!

11. Orange Jammies April 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

Meera: You’re a girl after my own heart. Broadway runs through my living room and guess who the star of the show is. I even have the Boy belting out adaptations now. 😉

Aunty G: Sigh, I know
    I’ve been three shades slow
    But sometimes its best
    To get much-needed rest
    To refuel one’s mojo

12. alice April 26, 2013 at 12:32 am #

Socks, you know, get lost oftener than most
    So what you do is tie em up
    and let them wander in la la land together.
    That way if they do decide to go missin’
    You know they’re together and not pining for each other
    And you can go buy a new pair in peace.

Not the most rhyming of lines, but you get the gist 😉

13. Null Pointer April 26, 2013 at 7:48 am #

my hypothesis is they get cold feet and run away

14. dipali55 April 27, 2013 at 10:01 am #

Such delightful comments!!!!
    Holey Socks sounds terrific. You know, when I had a laparoscopic surgery for gall bladder removal several years ago, I was left with a fewholes in my abdomen, and the irreverent offspring promptly called me Holey Mother Meri.

15. Aunty G. April 28, 2013 at 1:41 am #

dipali55>>
    You too delight, Depali
    With that merri memory
    Thanks for sharing
    How they were caring
    Can’t but help ending with a smiley 🙂 !

16. Orange Jammies April 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm #

alice: 🙂 I do. But I’m always concerned about them stretching out of shape if tied. I don’t even tie them together post laundry–prefer to fold them into each other.

Null Pointer: 😀

dipali55: LOL! 😆 A special rendition of Holey Socks coming up for you when we meet. Finger-snapping, background score and all.

17. Reema June 4, 2013 at 10:35 pm #