The Monday Muse

20 May

Home is not always a place.

Frequently, it is a person.

Knock, knock:

Are you home?

13 Responses to “The Monday Muse”

1. R May 21, 2013 at 12:48 am #

Sigh, OJ! I often wonder about the warm, tingly feeling that speaking with dear friends, leaves me with. Now I know, that is cos they are *home*.

2. Dancing Fingers Singing Keypad May 21, 2013 at 10:04 am #

This is so true. Most times home is where your heart (and people residing in your heart) is!

3. alice May 21, 2013 at 10:53 am #

πŸ˜€

4. girlinjammies May 22, 2013 at 7:51 am #

So true ! πŸ™‚

5. Aunty G. May 24, 2013 at 1:13 am #

The Monday Muse amuses
    And once again OJ seduces
    With a truism treat
    And homily so sweet
    Profound truths, to one-liners, she effortlessly reduces!

6. vishalbheeroo May 30, 2013 at 9:03 am #

beautiful open the door I’m home only..knock knock..fun post::)..wherez ma choco now?!
    Cheers
    Vishal

7. Null Pointer May 31, 2013 at 7:09 am #

Indeed. Home is a person — her talking walls and slamming doors, the endless collecting of filth within, the emotional leaky faucets, the comfort of a pillowy head, the constant need for TLC.

8. Orange Jammies June 3, 2013 at 7:38 pm #

R: πŸ™‚ *hug*

DFSK: Yup!

alice & girlinjammies: Thanks for those beatific smiles. πŸ™‚

Aunty G: You make me seem so efficient, we could be talking about somebody entirely else!

vishalbheeroo: Here you go. One small KitKat.

Null Pointers: Okay, this collecting filth business makes me uncomfortable. Love, Your Clean-home Advocate.

9. Null Pointer June 3, 2013 at 9:34 pm #

and that’s why dirty laundry and sexual fantasies get swept behind the ol’ closet.

What of those relationships that are like bathroom sinks that are constantly choking up, and when one gets done dealing with them one feels totally *ahem* drained out? Or kitchen-sink relationships that are constantly piling up with noisy empty vessels?

But I suppose your post was not about personification of homes but of people that feel like home…the where-the-heart-is sort of home. Or was it — home is a person is a home? (gaaah! must stop having Coco Puffs after midnight).

10. subhorup June 5, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

For some it stares them in the face as they go searching for it. For some it is a dream.

11. Orange Jammies June 8, 2013 at 12:38 am #

Null Pointer: Girl, end the Afternoon Nap and *write*. You clearly have much to say and I can’t wait to hear it. πŸ™‚

subhorup: Well said, Subhorup!

12. alice June 9, 2013 at 10:17 am #

Knock knock. Are you home?

13. Orange Jammies June 19, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

alice: Haha, good question. πŸ˜† I’ve been gadding about far too much.