Just a Couple

23 Sep

Aunt OJ: Gubby, how old are you?

The baby formerly known as Ghattu (beaming & pointing to the sides of his head): Two ears.

Happy 2nd and God bless, my most precious bundle of gurgles. I can’t imagine what I did with all my love before you came along to be squished, nuzzled and proprietorially smothered.

Like you promptly trot out on demand, “I laaau you!” You’re the happiest thing that will ever happen to Masi outside of her uterus.

10 Responses to “Just a Couple”

1. Aunty G September 23, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

Cuddly poo
    To him and to you
    Bless you both
    Ever since you wrote
    We’ve been enoying it too!

2. Roxana September 23, 2010 at 10:39 pm #

Thank god. The BFF is pregnant and I have been a blabbering, blubbering mess, talking about Choco (tht’s what I am VERY UNCREATIVELY calling the baby now) to anyone who would lend me even half a ear. Your post lets me know its perfectly fine to feel this crazy outpouring of love for one of the ‘happiest thing that will ever happen to Masi outside of her uterus’. πŸ˜€
    Happy birthday, Ghattu. Can I send him some squishy- squashy kisses too?

3. Tamanna September 24, 2010 at 10:53 pm #

Super cute the baby sounds πŸ™‚

4. Orange Jammies September 27, 2010 at 10:30 am #

Aunty G: πŸ˜€

Roxana: Sure. Except, he might very firmly say “NO. No kissy.” And then that’ll be that. πŸ™‚

Tamanna: Oh he is, he is!

5. dipali September 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

What a darling! Bless his two little ‘ears’:)

6. Sue October 8, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

LOL That’s so cute! I hope he had a great birthday.

7. Orange Jammies October 9, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

dipali: And his non-stop prattle. And his delighted grin. And the way he calls my name. And the way he repeats it when he thinks I’m not listening. And his clever, clever ways. Sigh. Okay, I’ll stop now.

Sue: He did. He has a ‘birthday’ every time there’s a cake to be cut. So far he’s made kheema of 12 cakes this year, (not counting three of his own), the latest being at a colleague’s birthday yesterday. πŸ™‚

8. Sue October 9, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

Well, good for him! Rahul went and appropriated the candle-blowing at my friend’s birthday the other day, too.

9. Orange Jammies October 20, 2010 at 3:24 pm #

Sue: Honey, that’s something I still have to pull myself back from doing.

1. More Ghatlet the Cutlet « Wisdom Wears Neon Pyjamas - August 3, 2012

[…] more? Share the luuhve!TwitterEmailFacebookMoreStumbleUponPrintTumblrLinkedInDiggRedditLike this:LikeBe […]