The Eye of the Tiger

1 Feb

I watch you from

the corner of an eager eye,

hopeful, loveful, parched for droplets of

approval, attention,

a wayside crumb.

You glisten,

then wink,

and evilly twinkle;

then shut shop to slumber

or only pretend.

All the while I pray for

your light to shine,

your orchestra to blare,

your rendezvous to fructify,

so you, blasted computer,

can whip up the damn internet

like itโ€™s your bloody job

to do.

15 Responses to “The Eye of the Tiger”

1. sukanya February 1, 2009 at 4:10 am #

wow!

2. sukanya February 1, 2009 at 4:10 am #

hey i just saw your header…whats the name of the play /production he is in?

3. wordjunkie February 1, 2009 at 11:12 am #

..till AltControlDelete
    Makes my despair complete.

4. D February 1, 2009 at 12:22 pm #

๐Ÿ™‚ Your posts leave me speechless most of the time so I don’t know what I write in the comments except that I really like them.

5. D February 1, 2009 at 12:22 pm #

๐Ÿ™‚ Your posts leave me speechless most of the time so I don’t know what to write in the comments except that I really like them.

6. Orange Jammies February 1, 2009 at 12:38 pm #

sukanya: Three short plays, performed back to back. The Last Annal of Alamgir, Karna and Aftermath. The information was on my Flavor of the Month/Minute/Moment page until yesterday. You can still read about them here: http://www.mumbaitheatreguide.com/dramas/english/20-preview-three-short-plays-.asp

wordjunkie: I pretend to ignore it and not let it know about the trauma it’s causing me. Certainly won’t give it that pleasure. Hmpf!

D: Said twice, it’s more believable. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. Piper.. February 2, 2009 at 12:22 am #

wow!

8. dipali February 2, 2009 at 7:54 am #

Ahh, OJ, the angst, the angst! Lovely:)

9. Nino's Mum February 2, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

two people have already said what I wanted to say – wow.
    So will just say you always manage to give me a whole new, better sounding, perspective about ranting.
    Missed reading you. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Orange Jammies February 2, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

Piper: I wonder when I’ll write a piece that I’m thrilled about. Sigh. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

dipali: I angst therefore I am.

Nino’s Mum: So glad to see you back. Was worried. Big hug to both you and Ninokins.

11. How do we know February 3, 2009 at 1:27 am #

ha ha ha! i liked this post a lot, and the one just before it even more..

12. rajni February 3, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

Add one more Wow!That makes 3 already.:)

13. Orange Jammies February 3, 2009 at 10:41 pm #

How do we know: Glad to provide entertainment. ๐Ÿ™‚

rajni: I’m going to need a collection box soon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

14. Manju February 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm #

You know there is a support group for the likes of you….ooooo but its an online one ;-)…but seriously – loved this one!

15. Orange Jammies February 5, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

Manju: ๐Ÿ˜€ How’s our lady Ameya?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )